By Jimmy Geurts
Daytona Beach Entertainment reporter
Posted May 14, 2019 at 10:43 AM
Sharky’s on the Pier in Venice topped floridabeachbar.com’s list for the second year in a row.
After being crowned the best beach bar in Florida last year, Sharky’s on the Pier in Venice came out on top once again.
The restaurant and bar, on Brohard Beach, next to Venice Fishing Pier, won the floridabeachbar.com competition for the second year in a row and the third time overall. The top 10 bars, chosen from more than 200 submissions, were determined by user votes combined with the website’s Pink Flamingo rating.
Here’s the Top 10:
1. Sharky’s on the Pier, Venice
2. Lemon Bar, Neptune Beach
3. Jimmy B’s Beach Bar, St. Pete
4. Casino Beach Bar, Pensacola
5. The Golden Lion Cafe, Flagler Beach
6. Racing’s North Turn, Ponce Inlet
7. Caddy’s on the Beach, Treasure Island
8. Paradise Bar and Grill, Pensacola Beach
9. Juana’s Pagodas, Navarre
10. Oceanside Beach Bar & Grill, Flagler Beach
Sharky’s, which is next to sister fine-dining restaurant Fins at Sharky’s, also won in 2013. Co-owner Justin Pachota said the competition means a lot, as he respects the other beach bars that regularly appear in the top 10, and winning twice in a row made it even sweeter.